I offer a comprehensive embalming service. The embalming process involves the use of special fluids to restore a natural appearance.
The embalming process is carried out in a special room like this one. The process takes about two hours but may take longer if restoration is necessary.
I carry out all the embalming myself. I studied embalming at Doggarts College of Funeral Directing and Embalming in Northern Ireland and obtained the British Institute of Embalmers Degree. I studied Restorative Art in the International College of Mortuary Science, Lige, Belgium, where I received a Masters Degree
in Restorative Art. I received a Diploma in Cosmetology in Meredith International College, London, and a Diploma in Hairdressing in Skolar’s College, Limerick in Ireland.
I ensure that the deceased person is presented for viewing looking as natural as possible. The sight of their loved one looking at peace without any sign of distress is a considerable help in the grieving process and it is the hallmark of a good Funeral Director.
British Institute of Embalmers
CODE OF ETHICS
There are FIVE POINTS to the Code, which are self-explanatory if you take the trouble to look at them closely.
- I believe that the practice of Embalming is in the interest of Public Health and promise to promote embalming to the best of my ability.
- I will treat with respect each dead human body.
- I pledge a complete confidential relationship to those I am called upon to serve.
- I will Endeavour to promote scientific research in the problems affecting Embalming.
- I undertake to abide by the regulations of the B.I.E. and to support, to the best of my ability, any meeting or gathering arranged by them.